The Gold Buffalo was the first coin from the United States Mint that contained 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold. This beautiful coin is popular world-wide and is highly recognizable with its well-known design, patterned after the famous Buffalo Nickel.
– Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
– Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
– Obverse: James Earle Fraser’s classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
– Reverse: the American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
– Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.