Showing all 5 results
- Product collections
Expand CollectionsCondense Collections
- Alternative Engagement Rings
- Birthstone Jewelry
- Edwardian Jewelry (1901 to 1910)
- Estate & Vintage Jewelry
- Family Jewelry
- Florida Fishing Jewelry
- Gemstone Jewelry
- GIA Certified Engagement Rings
- GIA Certified Jewelry
- Gold Coins
- Pre-Owned Rolex Air-King
- Pre-Owned Rolex Date
- Pre-Owned Rolex DateJust
- Pre-Owned Rolex Daytona
- Pre-Owned Rolex Explorer
- Pre-Owned Rolex Explorer II
- Pre-Owned Rolex GMT Master II
- Pre-Owned Rolex Oyster Perpetual
- Pre-Owned Rolex President
- Pre-Owned Rolex Submariner
- Pre-Owned Rolex Yacht Master
- Retro Jewelry
- Victorian Jewelry
- Vintage Rolex
- Wedding & Bridal
- CHOOSE A PRICE RANGE
1921 Peace Dollar High Relief MS62 NGC$650.00Add to cart
1935-S Peace Silver Dollar AU58 PCGS$260.00Add to cart
1934-D Peace Silver Dollar MS65 PCGS$1,600.00Add to cart
1928-S Peace Silver Dollar AU58 NGC$200.00Add to cart
1926-S Peace Silver Dollar MS64 PCGS$400.00Add to cart
Introducing Silver Peace Dollars: A Historical Investment with Enduring Collectible Value
Silver Peace Dollars hold a significant place in numismatic history and are revered by collectors and investors alike. These iconic coins were minted in the United States from 1921 to 1935 and carry profound historical significance, making them both a great investment and highly sought-after collectibles.
Following the end of World War I, the United States decided to issue a new silver dollar coin to commemorate the peace that had been achieved. Designed by Italian sculptor Anthony de Francisci, the Silver Peace Dollar featured a striking image of Lady Liberty on the obverse, wearing a radiant crown. The reverse depicted a majestic bald eagle perched on a rock, symbolizing strength and peace. Its unique and elegant design instantly captured the attention of the nation.
Silver Content and Specifications
The Silver Peace Dollar is composed of 90% silver and 10% copper, resulting in a coin with a total weight of 26.73 grams and a diameter of 38.1 mm. Each coin contains 0.77344 troy ounces of pure silver, a feature that adds to its investment appeal.
The 2021 Peace dollars are crafted in .999 Silver and contains 0.858 troy oz.
They have proven to be a solid investment option for several reasons:
- Silver’s Intrinsic Value: The coins’ silver content ensures they possess intrinsic value, making them an excellent hedge against inflation and economic uncertainty.
- Historical Significance: As a product of the post-World War I era, these coins symbolize peace and unity, adding to their appeal and historical value.
- Limited Mintage: Silver Peace Dollars have a finite supply since they were only minted for a short period. As time goes on, the number of available coins decreases, potentially increasing their value.
- Growing Collector Interest: The enduring popularity of these coins among collectors continues to fuel demand, which can drive up their market value over time.
Collectible Coin Appeal:
Silver Peace Dollars are highly collectible due to several factors:
- Unique Design: The artistic beauty and elegance of the coin’s design make it an aesthetically pleasing addition to any collection.
- Variety in Mintmarks: The coins were minted in three different locations: Philadelphia, Denver, and San Francisco, each marked with a distinct mintmark, further enhancing their collectible value.
- Condition Rarity: Finding Silver Peace Dollars in exceptional condition can be challenging, as many were heavily circulated. Coins in mint-state condition command a premium among collectors.
- Numismatic Interest: The continuous interest in numismatics ensures a steady demand for these historic coins, fueling their collectible appeal.
Popularity and Enduring Legacy:
The Silver Peace Dollar’s popularity is not only attributed to its historical significance and investment potential but also to its emotional resonance with collectors. Owning a piece of history that represents a time of global unity and tranquility appeals to the sentimental value that transcends pure monetary worth.
In conclusion, Silver Peace Dollars stand as a testament to the past and remain a relevant and attractive investment option today. Their unique blend of historical significance, silver content, and numismatic appeal makes them cherished collectibles with lasting value. Whether you are a seasoned investor or a passionate collector, these iconic coins are an excellent addition to any portfolio or coin collection, bridging the gap between the past and the present.