The Florida Everglades is the largest tropical wilderness in the United States, and this fifth 2014 release of the U.S. Mint’s America the Beautiful series honors this unique landscape, which is home to 36 threatened or protected species.
– Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
– Mintage of just 34,000 coins.
– Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
– Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of United States of America, Liberty, In God We Trust and Quarter Dollar.
– Reverse: Shows an anhinga bird with open wings, perched on a branch, with a spoonbill hunting for its next meal in the background.
These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content, and demanded by collectors for their artistic value. Add this attractive coin to your collection today!
The Everglades consists of 1.5 million acres of sawgrass, mangrove forests and wetlands. It is also a habitat to endangered and exotic wildlife, such as the Florida panther and the American crocodile. The Everglades is also home to a wide variety of species including small game, fish, turtles, frogs, shellfish, alligators and the Burmese python, which competes with the alligator at the top of the food chain.