Showing 1–12 of 37 results
- Product collections
Expand CollectionsCondense Collections
- Alternative Engagement Rings
- Art Nouveau Jewelry (1890-1910)
- Birthstone Jewelry
- Edwardian Jewelry (1901 to 1910)
- Estate & Vintage Jewelry
- Family Jewelry
- Florida Fishing Jewelry
- Gemstone Jewelry
- GIA Certified Engagement Rings
- GIA Certified Jewelry
- Gold Coins
- Pre-Owned Rolex Air-King
- Pre-Owned Rolex Date
- Pre-Owned Rolex DateJust
- Pre-Owned Rolex Daytona
- Pre-Owned Rolex Explorer
- Pre-Owned Rolex Explorer II
- Pre-Owned Rolex GMT Master II
- Pre-Owned Rolex Oyster Perpetual
- Pre-Owned Rolex President
- Pre-Owned Rolex Submariner
- Pre-Owned Rolex Yacht Master
- Retro Jewelry
- Victorian Jewelry
- Vintage Rolex
- Wedding & Bridal
- CHOOSE A PRICE RANGE
1883-O Morgan Dollar MS63 NGC w/ Pretty Cotton Candy Color Toning$115.00Add to cart
1879-S Morgan Dollar MS61 PCGS Split Rainbow Tab Toned$160.00Add to cart
1881-O Morgan Dollar MS63 PCGS Gorgeous Blue-Green Toned$200.00Add to cart
1885 Morgan Dollar MS64 PCGS Magnificent Blue Target Toning$170.00Add to cart
1878-S Morgan Dollar MS65 PCGS Dark Rainbow Toned Obverse$390.00Add to cart
1904-O Morgan Silver Dollar MS64 NGC End Roll Toned$200.00Add to cart
1881-S Morgan Silver Dollar MS66+ NGC w/ Rainbow Toned Reverse$500.00Add to cart
1921 Morgan Dollar MS62 NGC Beautifully Rainbow Toned$250.00Add to cart
1921 Morgan Dollar AU58 NGC Vibrant Rainbow Toned$175.00Add to cart
1885-O Morgan Dollar MS62 NGC End Roll Toned$140.00Add to cart
1885-O Morgan Dollar MS63 NGC Vivid Beautiful Toning$185.00Add to cart
1884-CC Morgan Silver Dollar NGC MS63 Toned$315.00Add to cart
Introducing Morgan Dollars: A Timeless Investment and Prized Collectibles
Morgan Dollars, minted in the United States from 1878 to 1904 and once again in 1921, are a numismatic treasure celebrated for their historical significance and enduring popularity among collectors and investors. These iconic silver coins, designed by George T. Morgan, have left an indelible mark in the realm of American coinage. This makes them highly sought-after pieces for any collection.
Historical Background on These Popular US Coins
The history of Morgan Dollars begins in 1873 when the United States Mint Act was enacted, calling for the minting of new silver coins. Designed by George T. Morgan, an English-born engraver. The coin features Lady Liberty on the obverse, with her hair crowned by a Phrygian cap and encircled by stars. The reverse showcases an impressive bald eagle with outstretched wings and arrows and an olive branch. This symbolizes the nation’s strength and desire for peace.
Why Morgan Dollars Are Great Investments:
Morgan Dollars are considered a great investment for several reasons:
- Silver Content: These coins contain 90% silver and 10% copper. it gives them intrinsic value as precious metal assets. Investors can find a safe haven in silver during uncertain economic times.
- Historical and Collector’s Appeal: As a product of the Old West and the Industrial Revolution era, Morgan Dollars hold historical significance. This greatly contributes to their popularity among collectors.
- Limited Supply: Morgan Dollars were only minted for a relatively short period, leading to a finite supply. As time passes, the number of available coins decreases. This increased their value.
- Numismatic Interest: The intricate design, various mintmarks, and the fascinating history behind these coins continue to attract numismatists worldwide, ensuring sustained interest and demand.
Why They Are Highly Collectible:
Morgan Dollars are highly collectible due to the following factors:
- Variety in Mintmarks: The coins were struck at various U.S. Mint facilities, including Philadelphia (no mintmark), New Orleans (O), San Francisco (S), and Carson City (CC), each carrying distinct mintmarks that add allure to the collection.
- Artistic Beauty: George T. Morgan’s artistry and attention to detail in the coin’s design make it a masterpiece of numismatic aesthetics. They are cherished by collectors for their artistic appeal.
- Key Dates and Rarities: Some Morgan Dollars have lower mintages or unique varieties that make them especially valuable to collectors. Key dates like the 1889-CC, 1893-S, and the 1895 are among the most sought-after rarities.
- Sentimental Value: Many collectors are drawn to these coins due to their sentimental connection to America’s past. It evokes feelings of nostalgia and pride in owning a piece of history.
In conclusion, Morgan Dollars stand as timeless symbols of American heritage, cherished for their historical significance and admired for their artistic beauty. Their appeal as both an investment and a collectible stems from their silver content, limited supply, diverse mintmarks, and rich history. Whether you are a seasoned collector or a budding investor, adding them to your portfolio or collection is a decision that aligns beauty, history, and enduring value in a single iconic coin.
Shop our collection of Morgan Dollars in Tampa, Largo, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, and online today!